Tuesday, July 04, 2006

All I want for Christmas is a book about a Rock 'n Roll Band

One of the most important things that happened to me in my return to the Grateful Dead was finding a copy of the book " The Illustrated Trip". This pivitol event occured in November 2004. My wife had agreed if I saw something I liked then she would get it for my Xmas present. As fate would have it I walked into a bookshop in the local mall and sitting on the shelf was the aforementioned book. I was blown out; there is virtually nothing about the dead available in Australia and here was this magnificent volume at the bargain price of A$35 about US$26.
Needless to say that Xmas was one I looked forward to like a small kid. I read the book everyday and use Ibor Slabicky's recommendations when I am seaching for shows. Till this day I can't believe my luck, I haven't seen a copy of the book anywhere else not even in the large bookshops in Sydney. Yet in a tiny little bookshop in Wollongong the book was sitting there waiting for me.

3 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Isn't it great how that book found you!
Peace.............

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger John said...

yeah,
It certainly seemed that way to me. Thanks for the comment Helen
Regards,

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Cool story. I have that, i goty it as a Channukah present from my wife.

HooRoo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home