Thursday, July 06, 2006

Trains, MP3's and the Dead.

Thought I would just take some time to mention how I listen to some of my favourite Grateful Dead shows. I commute a rather long distance to work every day. Fortunately I am a rail fan so the long train journey I make every day (about four hours total) does not worry me too much. Added to this I have decided to walk about 40 minutes to the rail station every morning. This means that I wake up around about 4.45am and try to be out of the door by 5.20am.
I recently switched over to using a MP3 player and this is certainly the way to go. I can load a whole show on the player and listen to it from start to finish. If I have to beak my listening for any reason the player simply stops at that point and when I return to listening the player resumes the show from where I stopped. This way I don't miss one single note.
Getting out and walking in the pre-dawn hours with a Dead concert pumped right up is one of the highlights of the day and I think it probably gets me to work most mornings. I tend to listen to each show for about two weeks at a time before I load a new show and start over again. At the moment I have been listening to some shows from 1977 but I'll write some more about this soon.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Thanks for blogrtolling me, mate.

I listen to entirely too much Dead on my commute, typically 3 hours round trip. It keeps me sane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home