Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sydney F.C. go down in pre-season semi

Well as I mentioned Friday night was football time for me and my son. The game this time featured the great Sydney F.C. against the pretenders Adelaide United in a semi-final where the winner would find itself in the final of the pre-season comp. The game was played on a fine but cold winter's night at WIN Stadium in my home town of Wollongong. Unfortunately Sydney F.C. went down 2-1 with Adelaide scoring the winning goal in the last minute of the game. Sydney had to battle the whole second half a man down as one of their defenders was sent off just before half-time. Sydney looked the better side but as happens the best side does not always win. I am already planning to make the journey to Cambeltown next Saturday night to attend the play-off for 3/4 hoping that a win here will sooth my bitter disappointment at last night's result. That is of course if I have my car back from the panel-beaters (I am hopeful about this).

Anyway I want to get back to my main focus during the week and write some more stuff about the Grateful Dead. At the moment as I am typing this piece I am listening to 11/11/1967 and really enjoying it. 1967 is a year I have been listening to alot lately and I think that some of the shows from this year are under appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home